Prime Minister’s Business Scholarships awardedEconomic Development
Thirteen senior executives and business owners have been given the opportunity to attend the world’s most prestigious business schools after receiving Prime Minister’s Business Scholarships.
Economic Development Minister Steven Joyce was particularly pleased with the calibre of this year’s applicants and the range of businesses which applied.
“The successful applicants will gain invaluable knowledge from their studies which will benefit the companies they return to and help make them more competitive internationally,” Mr Joyce says.
“New Zealand needs more business leaders with a global view. These scholarships will allow our smartest executives to learn best international practices and develop networks, which in turn will benefit New Zealand businesses as a whole.”
This is the fifth year the scholarships have been awarded. This year, recipients will study at a range of top international institutions such as Harvard Business School, INSEAD (The Business School for the World) and the London Business School.
The study programmes range from four weeks to twenty months and recipients receive on average $47,000 to cover half the cost of their course and expenses.
The recipients of the 2014 Prime Minister’s Business Scholarships are:
- Graham Dockrill of Christchurch, Director and Co-owner of Hairy Lemon Web Solutions Ltd
- Jonathan Gray of Tauranga, National Sales Manager at Inghams Enterprises (NZ) Pty Ltd
- Colleen Neville of Rotorua, Chief Financial Officer at Te Arawa Group Holdings Ltd
- Carl Beck of Auckland, Vice President Sales, Marketing and Customer Support at Aeroqual Ltd
- Sue Bradley of Auckland, Operations Manager Industrial New Zealand for BECA Ltd
- Rhys Clark of Auckland, Chief Financial Officer at Fisher & Paykel Finance Ltd
- Anton Venter of Wellington, Specialist Advisor at Healthcare Holdings Ltd
- Quinn Lucas of Auckland, Commercial Manager - Strategic Project Lead China at Les Mills World of Fitness
- Paul Donohoe of Dunedin, Business Manager Pharmaceuticals at Silver Fern Farms Ltd
- Matt Vaughan of Wellington, General Counsel and Company Secretary at Xero Ltd
- Shaun Maloney of Christchurch, Chief Executive Officer of ARANZ Geo Ltd
- Andrew Tapper of Auckland, Chief Executive Officer of Lumino The Dentists, Abano Healthcare Group Ltd
- Grant Higgins of Auckland, Business Development Manager at Higgins Contractors Ltd
More information on the 2014 Prime Minister’s Business Scholarships, and full biographies of the recipients are available here: http://www.mbie.govt.nz/what-we-do/prime-ministers-business-scholarships/2014-winners