Minister congratulates Community Leadership Fund grant recipientsCommunity and Voluntary Sector
Community sector leadership has been recognised with the awarding of the latest round of grants from the Community Leadership Fund – Hapori Whakatipu.
“This fund recognises the important work of groups in connecting the sector, fostering social enterprise and supporting volunteering and community-led development. These organisations are building capability across New Zealand’s diverse communities,” Peeni Henare said.
“This year we are proud to be able to fund six organisations including some of New Zealand’s most innovative community and voluntary groups.
The recipients of this year’s Community Leadership Fund were:
- Hui E! Community Aotearoa - $125,000 to support core operations
- Philanthropy New Zealand - $45,000 to support project costs
- Tangata Whenua, Community and Voluntary Sector Research Centre Incorporated - $80,000 to support core operations
- Te Whare Hukahuka – $75,000 to support core operations
- The Inspiring Communities Trust - $125,000 to support core operations
- The Volunteer Army Foundation - $50,000 to support project costs
The Community Leadership Fund – Hapori Whakatipu offers contestable grants to community groups with a national focus whose primary role is to provide leadership and capability building across the community and social enterprise sectors
More information can be found at www.communitymatters.govt.nz.
Contact: Patisepa Helu 021 821 562