ACC levies 2002-2003 9/9Lianne Dalziel Accident Insurance
ACC Levy Rates 2002-2003 Earners' Levy
At A Glance:
|Current Rate 2001-2002 per $100 of earnings(GST inclusive)||New Rate 2002-2003||ACC
|Department of Labour Recommended Rate|
- Earners' levy meets the costs of non-work injuries to earners, and also
residual claims from 1992 - 1999 which occurred after 01 April 2002.
- Levy is collected by IRD and is incorporated in the PAYE tables.
Reason for Increase
- Main reasons for this increase are a higher number of new claims and the
need to build-up reserves in this account.
History of Account
- This account was established in 1992.
- The Earners' Account is relatively stable. However, ongoing claims are
increasing as the account is still in the growth phase - long-term claim entries
exceed the number of exits.