ACC levies 2002-2003 5/9Lianne Dalziel Accident Insurance
ACC Levy Rates2002-2003 Employers' Account
At A Glance:
|Current Rate average 2001-2002 per $100 of payroll||New Average Rate 2002-2003||ACC
|Department of Labour Recommended Rate|
- The account meets the cost of all workplace accidents since 1 July 2000.
- 550 risk rated industry levy classes based on services provided or goods
produced. Each class has an industry levy rate used to determine the employer's
payable levy, based on liable earnings.
- Employers have the opportunity to receive a levy discount of between
10%-20%, in recognition for meeting and maintaining workplace safety standards
under ACCWorkplace Safety Management Practices.
- Large employers continue to have the option of becoming fully self-managing
under the ACCPartnership Programme.
History Of Account
- ACC has only had one year's experience with this account since its return to
- Claim numbers for work-related accidents have increased slightly since March
2001, and there is some evidence of an upward trend.
- The following graphs show the claim frequency and cost of claims for both
the employers' and self-employed accounts. Levy rates are determined using the
claims cost per $1million liable earnings. The claim frequency tells us how
often injuries happen, not how much they cost. The total claims cost takes into
account both the frequency of accidents AND the severity (ie, the average cost