ACC levies 2002-2003 2/9Lianne Dalziel Accident Insurance
- New rates take effect 1 April 2002, motor vehicle relicensing from 1 July
- Recommendations include the expected impact of changes in the range and
scope of benefits contained in the Injury Prevention, Rehabilitation and
Compensation Act 2001.
- Levies are calculated on a fully-funded basis.
- ACC consultation on proposed rates commenced 23 August 2001 and closed 20
September 2001. (Residual Claims Account consultation concluded 27 September.)
- ACC Board recommends rates to the Minister for Accident Insurance, Gazetted
18 October 2001.
- Government considers the recommendations taking additional advice from the
Department of Labour.
- Government considers ACC recommendations and sets new rates for 2002/2003.