7 December, 2012
Minister announces new SOE board appointments
State Owned Enterprises Minister Tony Ryall today announced two new director appointments to Airways Corporation and three to Solid Energy New Zealand Ltd. As part of the same appointment process, one director was reappointed to the board of Mighty River Power.
Two new directors will join the Board of Airways from 1 January 2013; Dr Chris Moxon is an experienced executive in the information technology industry and Robin Gunston is an engineer.
John Waller and Pip Dunphy join recently appointed Neville Sneddon on the Board of Solid Energy to replace directors who recently retired.
Prue Flacks is being reappointed as a director of Mighty River Power until December 2015.
- Dr Chris Moxon is the CEO of software company Accordo Group and previously headed Methodware.
- Robin Gunston is an engineer, currently National Director of Prison Fellowship New Zealand, and previously Head of Safety at the New Zealand Refining Company Ltd.
- John Waller is an ex-partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers. He has a number of directorships including Chairman of the Bank of New Zealand, Fonterra Sky Network Television, Alliance Group and the Eden Park Trust Board.
- Pip Dunphy has a financial services and funds management background. Her directorships include Abano Healthcare, New Zealand Post, Mint Asset Management, Crown Health Financing Agency and Deputy Chair of Auckland Transport.
- Neville Sneddon has expertise in the area of coal mine safety and has held a number of senior leadership and management roles in Australian and global mining operations, and is currently a full time company director.
Mighty River Power:
- Prue Flacks is a senior commercial lawyer and an ex- partner of Russell McVeagh. She is a director of Bank of New Zealand and Chorus.